YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

THIS IS FOR REBECCA


This is Mr. T, he was Trudys backward hind leg cat, and a real showman. When he returned to his seat he would spin around, swat at her, and roar so loud he would sometimes fall off the pedestal. He was one of the tigers that was in the act since John Cox worked it, and I'm not sure if John, or Jacqueline, developed this behavior.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the best tricks are taught by the animals themselves. My baby lion "SARAH" made a complete circle on the high wire because she was afraid to cross. Did it every time. She got over being afraid, but had trained herself to make that circle. Animals amaze me every day. My four Rottys trained themselves to open gates, play in the yard and then open the gate to return to their room. One time "COPPER" was going to open another gate, and I said to her, "don't even think about it" She turned away while I put the lock on that gate.

5/10/2006 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like a John Cox behavior, but Rebecca may be closer to the truth.

5/10/2006 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darryl, You can see the lion I was talking about on Buckles Blog this morning. Some of these pictures have me drowning my key board in tears. Big girls do cry.

5/15/2006 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca, we have all been touch by the animals we've had the honor to work around. I will have great memories of them all for life.

5/15/2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home