YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, October 02, 2006

SNAPSHOTS: NOW TELL ME YOU DON'T MISS THIS





From "The Old Wilson" photos come these shots, it's an unknown time & place, but the scene is familiar, I wonder how long it took to dig out. I remember one time at the farm taking three days to clear the drive to the road out front. When we drove to town it was a single lane & you couldn't see over either side. I tell everyone, "I didn't lose anything in the snow that I have to go back and look for"!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Lee! Ya do gotta Luv it. After 25 years living in a trailer and searching out tropical spots for the winters, and 10 years full time in Sarasota, I moved to Canada, where there has definitely been a nip in the air the last few weeks. These photos depict a typical day around here 4-5 months a year. I guess it takes a special love of nature or sense of adventure to appreciate it.

10/03/2006 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kind of weather. Not with animal though. If it were not for my pets I would move to Canada so fast!! Colorado reminded me so much of Canada where I spent the best months of my life. I stayed in Colorado 17 years. Went out to cut the grass one morning and the mower was buryed under two foot of snow. Got caught in a snow storm in July in the mountains. You learn to dress to keep worm there. I always kept heavy coats and blankets in the trunk of the car. Bags of trail mix also. You just had to love it. I have beautiful photos of the boat in the Dillon lake with three foot of snow in it.

10/03/2006 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always miss the snow scene, especially during the holiday season.....BUT do not miss travelling in it....in fact, I don't miss travelling at all...LOL

10/03/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

I'm just wondering what part of Wisconsin these fall pictures were taken in --- you know Wisconsin is called God's Country --- it's as close to heaven as some of us will ever get !

10/03/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hi Jim,
Your Cradle Act is Gordie & Vicky (Lang) Howe, he was the catcher in The Flying Eagles. She is the Daughter of Bob Lang, & Granddaughter of Irv Lang,(Lang Troupe Teeterboard), from Sheboygen, Wisc.

10/03/2006 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 1964, Mr. Beatty summoned me to his Billings Hospital bedside, in Chicago, following his first cancer surgery. I took the Cadillac to Rochester, Minnesota, picked up his Airstream, and returned to Chicago. Passing through Wisconsin's rolling hills, with the multi-colored, quilt-patchwork acres of farmland, was among the most endearing sights I've seen in America, in blessed relief of the mission of my journey for the Beatty family.

10/05/2006 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home