YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

SHOWMAN'S CIRCUS # 4: EXPOSE'! BUCKLES W. & "THE NAUGHTY LADY OF SHADY LANE"

I hadn't been on the lot 5 mimutes when I picked up a hot rumor that "Super Blogger", Buckles Woodcock had arrived with a lovely young lady on his arm, and it was not Barbara. I was sure I was onto some big news for the blog, so I sent Penny "Paparazzi" Rodriguez out with her best telephoto lens to see what she could come up with. Sure enough the rumor was true, and here is the proof.











Buckles with Grandaughter, Baby Kay!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill
These are wonderful pictures. Thank you so much. The years have been kind to all of you- hard work and worry must keep the blood moving. Are Al&Joyce staying in FL? cc

1/21/2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I understand Al & Joyce are waiting out the Winter with Jennifer at Frank Murray's.

1/21/2007 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill;
Excellent photos and also, excellent discription of same. Keep up the good work.
It was after midnight when I left the Gibtown Club, and there were still, quite a few circus still there, including Roy and Cindy Wells, whom I had spent the evening with.

1/22/2007 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left out the word folks, after the word circus.
Not knowing how to correct that malfunction, I'll just add another comment.

1/22/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I don't know if there is a way to edit comments, which is probably just as well.

1/22/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger GaryHill said...

Capt always has been a Chick Magnet!

1/23/2007 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU learned well from the best Gary.

1/24/2007 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of Buckles and little Kay. However it should be known that Buckles refused poor child money for popcorn so she just "borrowed" any that was near.

Picture on BB of him and grandkids on Frisco elephant begs the question, did he pay, or are elpehant guys like doctors and work each other for free

1/30/2007 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home