YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

DOWN MEMORY LANE # 5

I remember this one,,,,,,,,,,I think! Hadi Temple Shrine Circus, Evansville, Indiana in 1970. Where did that 37 years go????

FRANCARRO & ESTRELETA and THE PHAROAHS
Frank & Ruthie Clark and Trudy & Bill Strong
I first met Frank Clark on the Orrin Davenport Circus, in 1956. He was working in The Noble Trio, Parallel Bar Act, & I was working in The LaBlonde Trio Aerial Horizontal Bar Act. Some other acts on the show were, Clyde Beatty, Klauser's Bears, Owens & Johnson,(Horizontal Bars), Francisco & Dolores,(Perch), Helen & Buster Haag,(Chimps),

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trudy look the same...but Bill.
look's much beter now...

3/18/2007 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pay the man, Bill......cc

3/18/2007 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These were the days of great aerial acts---acts that did real tricks and looked great doing them. Ruthie Clark did one of the best heel hangs I have ever seen.

3/18/2007 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely all the acts looked and the wardrobe was something else!
Everyone looked so elegant....
I'm a tad old fashioned and I really find some of today's thong type costumes amusing;especially when watching the web girls climbing up the web... LOL

3/19/2007 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fatima, I have been commenting on those "THONGS" for a couple of years now. I call them the POLE DANCER Wardrobe. Hurts my hinny just watching them. To me the more wardrobe on the body the better. Cover every inch with sequines/buggle beads/feathers/etc. To me you are there to how off your talent and style to the public. Not your hind end. Strut your stuff with class and style.

3/19/2007 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rebecca, glad someone agrees with me....most of the hind ends are way too big for thongs....
For sure some folks will hate me for my opinion...LOL nothing new

3/20/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I apologize to Frank & Ruthie for not having the correct name on this picture. I wish someone would tell me when I make a mistake, I not ashamed of being wr-wr-wr-wro-wron-wrong!!!!

3/21/2007 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read the thongs opinions, I also agrees with Fatima and Rebecca' to me the thongs are great for a bulesque show but never were they intended nor looks apropriate in a circus. beside any derierre will looks better with out a thong ask any artist or sculptor.

3/22/2007 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home