YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

ZENOBIA SHRINE TEMPLE, TOLEDO, OHIO PRESENTS: HAGENBECK-WALLACE CIRCUS, 1933


JESS ADKINS
PROGRAM



SPEC







6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BILL, being in early March I assume this was an indoor date. Please advise if you know. I believe Adkins did like to play fair dates, Shrine, etc. with H-W.

3/05/2007 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the date was under canvas that year Clyde Beatty would have been in the show. I understood that H-W in that time did not open under canvas until Beatty was done ibn the GARDEN.

3/05/2007 9:20 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Man I sure did screw up the spacing on this set of posts.

Johnny, I find no mention in the program of being indoors, but I'm sure you are right, and there is no cat act. I see Adkins was also an honoray member of Moslem Temple in Detroit, I wonder if they ever did that date.

On another page, that I missed, it has the following.

We wish to call attention to the Premier Presentation of the beautiful, colorful and spectacular Pageant, "A Night in Fairyland", 150 people. Written,directed and under the Personal Supervision of Rex de Rosselli. Fred Ledgett(Equestrian Director)....Eddie Woeckener(Musical Director)

3/05/2007 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The description for display 10 says Felix Morales will slide from the top of the BUILDING

3/05/2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I wouldn't make much of a proof reader, would I????

Thank You jack!!!!

3/05/2007 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time I was waiting for my X in his office, I began reading the messages on the cork board. I underlined all the typo his secretary made in red pen. STUPID I never stopped to think how embarrested I made her. That company could not have functioned without her. One of the very few things I regret doing. Thank god there are no red pencils on the blog.

3/08/2007 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home