YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, June 18, 2007

EDDIE STEEPLES #2: CHIMPANZEES

Bears, & Chimps, I have never envied anyone who works either one of these animals, but to tackle both!!!!man there's gotta be a better way to make a livin'.




PERSONAL OBSERVATION: I'm going to quote Tony Steel again, "the problem with the Circus now is that there are no more 'characters' left". This was in no way a demeaning statement, it refers to those individual personalities who made our business what it was, and please notice I said , "was", through recent years we have seen producers & owners completely destroy the individualism of performers & their acts. They want to control the music, the wardrobe, and even the routine, I would have to ask, "if you didn't like the act why did you hire it", my point is the performers are not allowed to stand out, not allowed to be individuals, characters if you will, they are now merely members of the chorus.

1 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

The Chimp that does the routine on the wire, capped off with the head stand is still working, her name is BillyJo, & she is 35 years old. I believe Joe Lemkes Suzie was 34.

6/27/2007 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home