YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, June 01, 2007

MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR ROSE ALEXANDER (SUNDAY, JUNE 3rd)

Don't forget, the Memorial Service for Rosie is Sunday afternoon between 2pm & 5pm at the Showfolks of Sarasota.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, a friend (and a newspaper column) reminded me that Tony Curtis turned 82 on June 3, and that he has a website wereby fans can e-mail him. I notified him of the passing of Rosie,since he worked with Fay on TRAPEZE, and they both said he was an OK guy to be around. They felt Burt Lancaster, being a circus man early on, was more like showfolks, while Tony was busy being a movie star, but that he was very nice with them.

6/04/2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was looking for photos and info on rudolph valentino, because I couldn't sleep and decided I was curious about him. Anyhoo, I came across your site It is awesome. I love all the old circus pictures. There is something eerie about old circus picutures, especially the clowns, and the full make up clown in color too. Full make up clowns creep me out. No offense to the guys under the make up. I enjoyed your site very much.

Leah in Oregon

9/10/2009 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home