YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, July 30, 2007

IN MEMORY: PEDRO MORALES JR.

Today we mourn the loss of our good friend and fellow performer, the talented Pedro Morales Jr., most noted for the great Head To Head Balancing Act,"The Miamians", later known as "Pedro & Pedro", that he did with his father.

Pedro passed away Sunday in Buffalo, NY, apparently of Pulmonary Arrest, while making a jump on The Clyde Beatty Circus, he developed a serious coughing spell making it difficult to breathe, ParaMedics were summond but were unable to revive him. , his body is being returned to Florida for services this coming Friday, August 3, 1:00pm, at Stowers Funeral Home, 401 Brandon Blvd.[Rte 60] in Brandon, Fl.

I personally will always remember a little boy who was always urged by his proud parents, to show off & entertain at parties by dancing, and playing his accordian for the other guests, a boy who remained unspoiled, and grew up to be a gentleman, who always greeted me with a smile, a friendly word, and in spite of my objections, always, called me Mr. Strong.
Though our paths seldom crossed, I always considered Pedro my friend, and I will miss him.





Sheila & Pedro Morales

1 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I just received this email, & felt it should be shared.

Hi Bill I read your tribute to Pedro in yesterdays towns, I was so glad to see it. Pedro and Cole Bros Circus was a very good customer of ours and I spoke to him several times a day all summer long, he was the nicest man, so is his wife, We were all so shocked and saddened when his friend Jaime called and told us the news. Although I never met him, I felt I knew him and cried when I heard like he was a dear friend, I cant believe I wont ever hear his voice on the phone again, saying "Lynne this is Pedro, adding on to my order again!" Thanks so much for the pictures on your blog, it was nice to put a face to his name and voice after all these years of speaking to him.
sincerely,

Lynne Wells
Customer Service
Somerset Syrup & Concession

8/03/2007 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home