YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

THE RASINI ROCKET CAR

We've had a bit of discussion about the "Rasini Rocket Car", including these from a man who should know, regarding the "close up" pics in an earlier post.

Hi, I'm Eddy Ventura and the rigging in the pictures is Rassini's rocket car taken sometime in the late 40's.

Cresso's rigging was in Houston Texas with Bill Siros of the thrill show although it is probably scrap by now.

Unless they obtained a second rigging the rocket car in Baraboo came from Aut Swenson's thrill show. It is very old, the photos I saw of it show at one time it launched two cars one going over the other.It dates to the 30's or earlier.

The rigging that Jay Cocoran bought from Bob Atterbury was Rasin's and after he made a new rigging I'm told the origanal was abandoned behind a gas station near Kennywood Park. Jay sold the rigging to Eugene Nock and he took out the somersault and built a car that looked virtually indestructable. He showed me a video clip a few years ago.

If anyone is intersted I'm a rigger at Mystere in Las Vegas.

So for those of you who haven't seen it in action here it is, even in a live performance it doesn't last long, so don't blink!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddy, Lee Stevens here.. Thanks for clearing up the car history! Hope alls well in Vegas, will try to see ya at the I.A.F.E convention. Mr. Lee

10/29/2007 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddy,We were wondering where you were.Nice to see that you are still around.PeeWee and I are in Palm Springs at the Follies with the dog act.Joanne

10/29/2007 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great clip of Rasini!Nice to hear from old friends, I've been wondering where you guys were too. Eddy Ventura

10/31/2007 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

Writing from Sweden, a friend here to me was a rider of a rocket car. His name was Knut “Knutte” Danielsson. Late 40-th or 1950 th he was over there. Cressos rocket car I have on a picture. Knut died 1986. Anybody who knows anything about Knut? I have a wonderful picture of him and some unknown.

Kenneth

1/22/2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Kenneth: If you have any Circus photos you would like to share, you can attach them as jpeg to an email & I would be happy to post them on the blog & give you credit. I would love to have a scan of the Cresso car to add to my collection of those acts.

1/22/2008 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - not so good in computers and handling of such items, my E-mail is kenneth.palmgren@hassleholm.se and I will very much be in contact with you, so please contact me on that address and I will give you what I know, and photo!

Regards Kenneth

1/23/2008 2:49 AM  
Anonymous Joseph Atterbury said...

Hi Eddy,
Great to se the old vid ot the car, was that Papa Risini the car?
hope all is well out in vegas.
Joseph Atterbury

9/01/2009 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home