YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

SNAPSHOT FROM BUCKLES: DAVE HOOVER

Dave was a fellow "Buckeye", I was from Springfield, & Dave from Middletown, which was one of our big High School football rivals, so we had a bit of fun over that.
Websters describes a Buckeye as a "worthless nut", but a truck driver told me over the CB once that a buckeye was a Kentuckian who didn't make all the way to Detroit to build automobiles.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be a worthless nut to some people but my oldest doughter makes several hundred dollars a year stringing and making Ohio State neck jewelry with buckeyes and school color beads.

11/22/2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

An old lady once told me they were good for fattening hogs.
Hey Phil, how are you doing, When I don't hear from someone for a while nowadays I'm about half afraid to ask sbout them.
Did SHS get a reprieve, or are they still going to bulldoze it, if they haven't already.

11/22/2007 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill.. SHS is still Standing but will not be used after this school year. There is a plan afoot to sell the property to the Cathlic school system to house all of their schools but considerable arguments about that are going on.
All of the other schools that we knew are gone with our Jr High being the last to go last month.
Ill keep you Posted. Phil

11/23/2007 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home