YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

CLYDE BEATTY-COLE BROS. CIRCUS 1960



THE FRONT END

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mornin' Bill,, I never realized just how long Bob Top worked on and for the Beatty show...
About 15 years ago I bought my first Lincoln Town car..It was mint and loaded with ad-on options..Turns out it was one of Jerry collins. Seems that the Dealer in W.palm didn't keep trade ins on their lot and would send them to dealers up here in the Tampa area..Funny how threads cross our lives.. I also had the pleasure of driving Kim Sue for her wedding in it! Lee.......

12/30/2007 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time I saw Mr. Frank McClosky was during the time I was employed by Bill English in 1967 on the Sell's & Gray show. A black limo pulled on the lot and out of it a group of folk emerged that look like a scene out of the move men in black,soon I was summoned to the office and was offered the following season on the Beatty show however I was already booked I sure would liked to have gone over there back then.

12/30/2007 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home