YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

COLE BROS. CIRCUS: SEASON OF 1937




2 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Capes for the band -- just like superheros !!!We never had capes in (On ?) Rick's circus band !! HOW COME ????? Geeze , can you just imagine them all putting out their arms , and just flying up to the bandstand ?? I can !!!Any idea what color the capes were ???

12/23/2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I received this email from a dentist in Evansville, IN.

Hi Bill_
I saw the Cole Bros/Clyde Beatty Show in Evansville in 1937. What a treat for a country boy. I lived
50 miles away in Illinois and our neighbor was an advance man for the show. He had a small panel truck with huge speakers mounted on the roof and he went ahead of the show doing promotion, so he wasn't present when we saw the show in Evansville. His wife and daughter, my Mother and myself were guests
of the management and this was my very first experience with VIP treatment. The neighbor must have
been a valuable employee. I related this to Clyde Beatty when he played Evansville Shrine in 1963. His
comment, "They were a class act when the occasion arose."
ROJDOC

12/24/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home