YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, January 11, 2008

CIRCUS KRONE #1

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful film! Thanks for posting. How about some more comments recollecting what you and Trudy remember and something about the people shown in the films such as the brief comment in Krone #2. More, more!
With all these videos you are posting, I don't have enough time during the week and must play catch up on the weekend!
Dick Flint
Baltimore

1/12/2008 1:21 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Dick: You make an intersting point, I had planned to do that as I go along, between the blog, & "The Dime's Store" it keeps me hoppin'!
The guys under the lights you see in the first clip are adjusting the overhead lighting which stays in the cupola even on the jumps. This saves a lot of time, the rest of the ring lights are mounted in frames that are raised high up on the masts,enabling them to light the ring without blinding the public. This also eliminates all the frame work above the ring.

1/12/2008 2:19 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

One of the things that amazed me was that with all the modern techniques on Krone, notice in this clip, that they raise the top by hand.

1/13/2008 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home