YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

COURIERS & HERALDS #7: ROBBINS BROS. 1938

This "courier" has 23 pages, with photos in sepia & blue tones.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have any information about the Robbins Bros. Route which would have put them in Middletown,NY in late July or August? This was my first circus at 4 years old and I remember the elephants in the parade but not the wagons. Bill Galloway

1/11/2008 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above comment missed the year. I'm asking about 1938 before some of the acts left. Thanks Bill Galloway

1/11/2008 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
Nice to see the picture of you and Bev on this blog! Guess I haven't seen you since I lived in Rochester in the late 1970s!
You asked about Robbins in Middleton, NY. The played there on July 28, 1938. The show's history was written up in the CHS magazine Bandwagon issues of Nov-Dec 1966 and Mar-Apr 1967. Both are available online at the CHS website; just go to www.circushistory.org and follow the link to the Bandwagon index and there will be a link to the article (actually a group of articles so page to the end).
Dick Flint
Baltimore

1/12/2008 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Dick Flint!
Nice to hear from you.It's been a long time since you were here in Rochester. I read your comments on the various blogs. Thanks for your reply. I remember you told me that I saw the Robbins Bros. not the Cole Circus. I have some CHS Bandwagons but I don't think I have these. I'll have to look. I'll look at your references.Bill

1/12/2008 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home