YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

JUST A NORMAL STREET IN AN AVERAGE NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE QUIET LITTLE TOWN OF GIBSONTON

For some unknown reason people think the citizens of "Gibtown" are different, this little video clip proves once & for all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe they are right!!!!


The players are,in order of appearance Tanya Herrmann Corbet, Joanne Wilson,( introducing 2 month old, Tatiana Corbet), Gaylord Maynard, Ward Hall, Roy Huston, Bill Strong, Yuka Huston, & Stefan Corbet. (Camera person} Trudy Strong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I think most of us gibtown circus folk remember great times like this one, lol , I remember my triumphant return from ringling's japanese tour.. it was 6:30 in the morning,My wife judy and our sons, trudy, Joanne, the Guttis, etc. all waiting on my screen porch with coffee and doughnuts,The party and jackpots went on all day. We here have always been supportive of each other in both sad and good times. I love it like no other place....

1/22/2008 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the obit on Paul Miller. He gave me my first job as a wirewalker in 1962 and it was on his show I met the people who helped me get started in the circus. I don't know how many people remember his show, but it was what the story described. While I was there George Bruno ( breakaway pole) and Tommy Hanneford's riding act (his father's act at that time) were there among others. It's a time I will never forget. Eddy Ventura

1/31/2008 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home