YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

IN MEMORY: COL. EL "LUCKY" LARABEE

Some how I didnt know until last night of the death of our friend & fellow showman Lucky Larabee, our hearts, and deepest sympathy go out to Joni.

Any time I observed a dressing room poker game, I made it a point to inform everyone that anyone playing poker with a guy named "Lucky", deserved to lose their shirt!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill' Happy Easter'.
Give my best to your dear wife the
artist.
I have been notified' that you are in possession' of Circus America video tapes', I am very much interested in having a video of my act and of Geene Mendez, and the great Carl Wallenda, that where in my past family. How much will it cost per act be? I would like to by all of those acts for my future viewing. I am not wealthy enough to have a computer ' bur many of my friends have. please answer me on the internet as soon as posible...Im on my way to Hollywood to meet with an old friend, the two of us in the near future to produce telivision and motion pictures material'....I cannot tell you at this point' but you will hear about it in the near future....since you are an old friend'and an old showman' answer me this question' ...who was it' that said "never give a sucker an even break?".
best regard .Norbu.

3/23/2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Answer is Al Dobritch(just kidding), I think it was W.C. Fields, or P.T. Barnum.
Re: Video I'll get in touch tomorrow.
Bill

3/23/2008 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home