YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, May 05, 2008

FROM JOANNE:NEW BOOK, "TWO DOGS, A DONKEY AND A FRENCH WOMAN"

"The Life, Legacy, and Adventures of a Traveling Canine Comedy Act"



This book was written by Mike Sanger. He was here in America for a couple of years . I worked with him in Winston Salem for Hanneford and saw him again in Tampa for Hanneford. I think they came to the house. He came over for big Apple and did the PS follies and ended up with Ringling. after that they went back. I read the book and it is interesting and almost a de ja vu ?? It can be found at Barnes and Noble or ordered on-line from Barnes and Noble.

Incidentally, Mike is the nephew of Clown Freddy Freeman.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this at the library one day and really liked it. I thought Mr. Sanger had a contract with RBBB after Big Apple. Do you know if it turned out? Thanks.

5/06/2008 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike's late father was Pat Freeman, and very popular in Britain during his day, with an act known as "Old Regnas", Regnas being Sanger in reverse.
These days the Regnas act is worked by Mike's brother Peter, who uses the Freeman name.

John.

5/07/2008 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home