YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"SHINGLES" ALERT: I'VE GOT EM

If you have had them, you know what I'm talking about, if you haven't, type the word into "Google" search and read about them. Then discuss it with your doctor because there is a vaccine against them, & believe me you don't want them.
"PAIN,,,,PAIN,,,,PAIN", fortunately, oral medication prescribed by my doctor, & Aspercreme on the rash has eliminated the pain,(I hope),at least for now.
The whole thing is too complicated for me to even try to explain, so like I said, read about them. "YOU DON"T WANT EM"

5 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Shingel bells , shingel bells , shingle all the way ----- Sorry Bill , I had to do that --- it's just in my blood to do stuff like that --- hope you and Trudy have a wonderful time ringing in the new year !!

12/30/2008 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your new year is getting off to a painful start. Hope you get this mess under control quickly. Best wishes to you and Trudy and thanks for keeping this wonderful source of memories going for all of us.
Warren

12/31/2008 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for us old guys it isn't just the pain, had mine right after clown college left Baraboo, one of those "clowns" must have been caring something. The creme helped but after it was over the problem was they took all my energy for several weeks, couldn't hardly do anything. Good thing you are in Florida, cause if you were in Wisconsin with all this snow to shovel you would really have to pay off your wife, and I think Trudy is a lot like Joan and I don't think we got enough money to pay the bill.
Good luck and hope they leave you soon. Ralph from Baraboo

1/02/2009 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I fully appreciate what you're saying. A number of years ago I had BAD chest pains. Went right to the doctor. After numerous "tests/checks" he said,
"Congratulations, you've got shingles." Talk about mixed feelings.

So sorry we missed you and Trudy when we were in Gibtown in April. We were visiting Ward and Chris for most of the day.

All best to you both,

Paul & Diane Gutheil, CFA CHS

1/02/2009 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, sorry to hear you have the shingles. In time it will pass. I got a shot a couple of weeks ago and hopefully it will prevent them. The shot is not cheap.

1/04/2009 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home