YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLORD,,,,WE MISS YOU BUDDY!

FEBRUARY 21, 1938----OCTOBER 6, 2007

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,thank you for posting this reminder of a man I am proud say was my friend. While there may be controversy over his training, the drunken horse routine was a classic in comedy. I was honored one day when I came into a darkened arena except for some work light and Gaylord was practicing / rehearsing and I sat off to the side to watch and wait until he was done so I could work on an electrical problem. Gaylord looked up and said "Warren, come here and you ride him". I hesitantly went into the ring and for about half an hour, Gaylord coached me through each part of the Bearpaw routine. The patience of the horse amazed me as I tried to duplicate the cues. It was a wonderfullearning experience about interacting with animals even if I did not know anything about the traininginvolved. It was an important experience about being able to trust an animal I believe it was Bearpaw 4 that got to ride and did my respect for working with animals grow. I'llnever forgetthe experience of havingthat magnificant animalactually respondto my clumsy efforts to understand. Thank you Gaylord - you were a teacher and a friend.
Warren

2/21/2009 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home