YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

~IN MEMORY~OF~ GLORIA PEEBLES~

I received news by telephone from Lee Steevens that long time veteran dog trainer, Gloria Peebles passed away last night, the result of a stroke, & heart attack she suffered recently, she was 87 years of age. She was a great trouper, & since retirement has always been there for the Showmen's Club, or anyone else needing some entertainment for the kids. She will be missed by all of her friends.
Viewing will be on Thursday, (the 14th), 5pm-7pm, at the Southern Funeral Home, on Riverview Drive. Services will be 10am Friday morning,at the Immanuel Lutheran Church on John Moore Rd., Brandon, FL

7 Comments:

Anonymous Mr Lee said...

Bill. The viewing is at the Southern funeral home on riverview dr. The funeral will be Friday morning at 10am at the Immanuel Lutheran church on John moore Rd. in Brandon

5/13/2009 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria was one of the kindess ladies I ever met. She was always there to help someone else and share her love. Her annual holiday dinners were a delight to the ones who didn't have a family to celebrate with, they were her family, along with intertainment, she would present the dog act.

My deepest sympathy to Kaye, her beloved lifelong friend and campanion. God bless Gloria, she will be missed by all.


Dale A. Longmire

5/13/2009 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

My name is Jeffrey Reid from MI. My father passed away when I was 3, but my mother remarried Ken Reid, which is Gloria's brother. Having Gloria as an aunt was a kids dream come true. Birthday parties with a dog and monkey act at the house, her husband Ed as Mr. Twist..........wow.

A few months ago I was researching the circus and old TV shows, etc and stumbled across your blog and low and behold there was Gloria, with the caption asking who is this as a quiz. I had found several articles online relating to Gloria Peebles and her Busy B's, which prompted me to call Gloria and chat about them. I also made copies and sent them to her, with some family pictures. I am so glad I did. I recognize that the community of friends Gloria has is vast and deep, and the special relationship she had with Kay. What a blessing to have such friends for so long.

I thought I'd send you a note, as sometimes we have no idea how the things we do affect others, and in your case your blog was just one more chance to talk with Gloria about the precious times of her life.

thanks, Jeffrey Reid

5/13/2009 12:20 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

THANK YOU JEFFREY!
It's comments like this that make it all worthwhile.

5/13/2009 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Mr Lee said...

Jeff. You can rest assured that the services for Gloria were very well done, Her circus family as well as her church family were well represented. I am one of the fortunate recipients of her love and friendship and was honored to have Kay ask me to be one of the speakers at the services. Although she is physicaly no longer here,like you she will live forever in my memories. I am blessed to have them.
Sincerely, Lee Stevens

5/15/2009 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee, thank you. How wonderful to hear Gloria's two passions were well represented. Kay did mention there would be some friends to speak at the memorial, thank you again. When Gloria is brought back to MI, we will have a memorial here and will have all of you in our hearts as well.

Jeff Reid

5/15/2009 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria was truly a saint. Always there to help. Sympathies to Kaye and all her friends and relatives.
Denny Gilli

5/17/2009 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home