YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

~HERRMANN #3: HARRY HERRMANN AT THE CIRCUS HALL OF FAME IN SARASOTA~ MID 1960'S~



IN ONE SHOW WHILE PERFORMING CORBETTES,(A MANUVER IN WHICH THE HORSE JUMPS FORWARD WHILE ON HIS HIND LEGS), THEY FELL OVER BACKWARDS. THE HORSE WAS UNINJURED BUT HARRY SUFFERED A BROKEN LEG, HE REMOUNTED THE HORSE, FINISHED THE SHOW, THEN WENT TO THE HOSPITAL!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a horse show called "All The Kings Horses" about three years ago at a State Fair. The show was operated by Linda Herrmann and her daughter Desiree. Is this show still operating? Thanks. Markeno

7/12/2009 12:40 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Markeno~
Unfortunately no.

7/12/2009 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill must be tired, as he neglected to tell Markeno that Linda Herrmann is his sister in law and it is unfortunate because she has so much talent when it comes to training horses and is a great performer. She is one of the Wilson Sisters and my sister.
Joanne Wilson

7/12/2009 7:53 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

~THANK YOU JOANNE~
My apology,I thought of going into details, even started typing them, but then changed my mind. Not one of my better days!

7/12/2009 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you one and all for the update - It is unfortunate the show is not touring as it was class all the way when I saw it. Great performers and the backdrop for the show was outstanding - and the horses were top of the line. I must confess that I did know Linda was one of the Wilson sisters. Take some "heat" off you Bill - Thanks again for info. Markeno

7/12/2009 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have said - I must confess that I did know Linda IS one of the Wilson sisters - not was. Thanks Markeno

7/12/2009 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows, Bills family did not forget him on his birthday. We just wished him a happy one on Facebook.

And it was... a great BBQ.

7/13/2009 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home