YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

EXTRA EXTRA


When I was 8 years old my Aunt caught me selling newspapers on a downtown street corner, and did I catch it. On television they have "Breaking News", we had EXTRAS, and we would stand on the corner hollering, "EXTRA-EXTRA-READ ALL ABOUT IT" Here's an EXTRA for Pat Cashin, if this thing ever gets accessable. Like when I asked an old Clown in Germany how old was the "One Hand Only" gag with the glass of water, here is the "Tiger Chase", it's older than you & I. This is either Downie Bros. 1928, or Sells-Floto, 1929. The clown behind the tiger is Trudy's Grandfather, Gil Wilson.

2 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Gloria's going to do a chase all right, only she's going to be the Tiger, chasing His Honor The Mayor!

4/20/2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Pat Cashin said...

GREAT photos! This is incredible! I hope everyone starts a blog and posts their circus photos and stories!

I'm out on the road with Hamid here in Wilkes-Barre, PA this week and WISHING I had a tiger chase!

If Gloria Wilkinson wants to unload hers she's got buyer right here.

~Pat Cashin

4/21/2006 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home