YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

TIME TRAVEL


Just a short trip, about 25 years into the future. This is Trudy & I doing The Kimris Act. If you've ever been to Kennywood Park you know the stage is completely surrounded by water, making set up for a rigging this large, a complete nightmare.These poles are 80' high and 60' apart, and the stage is about 80'long, the guy wires on one end have to go through the Willow tree on the right. A dirty bug infested job that fell to Trudy because the rigger & I were too heavy to trust the soft Willow limbs. The other end, and the near side guy out to anchors in the water, and the far side over the narrow part of the lagoon to the shore. The set up took 3 days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I practicaly grew up at Kennywood. My father and all of my five uncles worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad which used to run picnic specials to Kennywood. One uncle was the Yard Master for the station at the park and he and my aunt lived right next door. So we had FREE PASSES to the park. All of the nephews and cousins wanted to visit our favorite aunt and uncle in the summer time. I spent many an hour in those boats watching the free acts.

4/24/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I loved Kennywood, but my two favorites of all the parks were #1 Idlewilde Park, in Legonier, Pa. & #2 Eldridge Park in Elmira N.Y. Probably because they were small and intimate. That's also what I liked about CWM when we were there.

4/24/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home