YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

BILLY PAPE


This is Clown Billy Pape with his wife at that time, Conchita (Concha) Morales, who was later married to Karl Ericson.

2 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

In a conversation with John Herriott regarding this picture, he commented that Billy Pape was "the worlds greatest Elephant Leaper"

4/22/2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your web page and the photo of Billy and Cochita Pape through some innovative Googling. I am Billy's 2nd cousin and know a good bit about his family. He was born in Newport News, Virginia, to my great uncle, Charles Evans and his wife, Bertha Monfalcone Evans. As an infant, he was give over to the care of Charles' sister, Jessie Dona Evans Pape and her husband Julian Pape, and they raised him. He used the surname Pape for the remainder of his life, but it is believed that he never legally changed it.
The Family lost track of him over the years, no doubt due to the nomadic life of circus performers. I never knew him, but my mother, age 85, has vivid recollections of his acrobatic antics at her parents' home in Newport News, Virginia.
So, you can imagine what a thrill it was to find not only a mention of him and Concha on your site, but a photograph as well. I have printed a copy of it and will soon deliver it to my mother.
Can you tell me any further information about him? Are there more photos? We did not know that he had a second wife, nor do we know his date or place of death. Any additional information would be most appreciated. If you choose to communicate by e-mail, you may reach me at: spriggs@att.net
Thank you/Dave Spriggs/Norfolk/VA

9/01/2006 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home