YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, April 21, 2006

CLOWN BAND


This is the Downie Clown Band ready to board the truck for the Street Parade. Behind the Bass Drum is Gil Wilson, behind him is his son Dime, and on Dime's right is Billy Pape.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Cashin said...

What year is this from?

I know that Frosty Little started off his career with Downie Bros. and that fella in the back with the peaked cap holding his suspenders could pass for a young Frosty.

4/21/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Hi Pat, This is 1928, the guy holding his suspenders is believe it or not 15 year old Dime Wilson. I'm not sure if Frosty was there but I know Shorty Hinkle was. He will be on tomorrow.

4/21/2006 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home