YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

WATERBURY CONN. 1952


I'm not sure if this is a Hamid-Morton outdoor date, or a fair, this is Howard & Wanda Belle. If you can see the rigging in the right side background, I would say it was the, first "Wheel" Act that I remember, it was sort of the same principal, but was propelled by a Motorcycle. I seem to remember the name being The Wilsons,(no relation).

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat Cashin said...

And that old stand-by, the ever-popular reducing machine in the background!

Those were the days!

4/30/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I don't know what happened to it, but when Trudy and I took over this place the Safe, Washing Machines, Steam Roller, Levitation Bench, Baseball Game Uniforms, etc. except for my Bird Cage Catcher's Mask, & Balloon Wagon were still here plus some small stuff. Irvin Hall got the Levitation, we still have the Wagon, but the other big props I sadly took to the dump.

4/30/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Pat Cashin said...

YOU WHAT?!?

Why I oughta...

What kind of shape is the Balloon Wagon in? Is she still seaworthy?

I'd love to see the look on the Hamids' faces if I came out with that wagon filled with the old fashioned animal balloons and did a Dime and Connie style come-in!

I think Jim Sr. would plotz!

Same goes for anyone else out there. Let me know if you've got any old clown props lying around taking up space at your place. I'll buy 'em off ya so they can take up space at MY place : )

5/01/2006 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home