YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A CLOWN FROM A DIFFERENT ERA


This is Pierino, from Switzerland, who was the "Reprise Clown", (this is the clown who does gags between acts), with Circus Krone for many years. JC described him as being too Artsy, I described him as being from a different time & dimension. He was very good with all kinds of animals, and even did a number with two African Porcupines.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hours I spent watching :FRACTURED FLICKERS", "DEAN MARTIN / JERRY LEWIS" and "The Three STOGGIS"!!!!The man had no taste for funny. His only FLAW. Then again his driving was something else again.

5/10/2006 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever you do, DON"T let Jim see that duck!!!!!!!

5/10/2006 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was talking about JCs taste in movies and his driving, not that beautiful clown.

5/10/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

A DUCK !!!!

5/10/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Pat Cashin said...

I just got a German documentary on this guy through Bobby Hakes.

Um, NOT really my kind of clowning.

The tape is saved in the second half with some really GREAT clowning from Circus Roncalli in 1991.

5/11/2006 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This goes to show what different taste people have. I adore BOBBY's clowning. Krone Circus loved him to as he was employeed for years with them. Being kind and gentle never goes out of style.

5/11/2006 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should make something clear. I use different names for my europein friends as my spelling of english is bad enough. "BOBBY" is my name for "P" Sure am glad I don;t have to speak their names. We know of whom we comment on.

5/11/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

as I said Pierino is from a different deminsion, he is not everyone's cup of tea. It also depends on what he is doing, was he working with his wife or alone?
I definately agree re; Roncalli, I'm sure the "Buzzing Bee" was there, it is a riot. Fumigalli is a super funny man, the only thing I didn't like when we saw the show was that he was in the ring, or at the back of the ring the whole show, even doing falls into the seats. It distracted greatly from the acts. I have a video of Fumigalli doing the bee gag with the ringmaster on Krone.

5/11/2006 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well pierino is quit poetic.
and it's another style americans are used to.
I saw it many times live and it has style.
its well enchanting.... it's not meant to laugh a lot but for dreaming.
for laughing krone had ( and now again after they had the chickys a few years) toni alexis.
pierino was gluing the acts together and toni was with his spaghetti entree and the musical entree the entree clown.

4/14/2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

A lot of people don't appreciate Pierino, John Cuneo says he is too "artsy", which is not really a put down. Maybe it's really knowing the man, not just in the ring but back stage as well, he is a wit. He always parked his truck cross ways in front of my rig at the back door, and it was six years of practical jokes.

Re: Tony Alexis' spaghetti gag rates very high on my list of the funniest gags I have ever seen, in the circus or otherwise

4/14/2007 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home