YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

MORE ELEPHANTS THROUGH THE YEARS



We left off in 1937 so it's just a short jump to Wallace Bros. in 1941 where Mac McDonald was the Elephant Boss, in these shots the young lady doing the mounts is Ray Goody's wife. Standing off to the right of the long mount is Trudy's mother Connie Wilson.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or am I seeing backward. I have never seen this pose done on this side of an elephant. I have a photo of me doing the same pose on "MARGRET" on Fairyland Circus in the 60s.

5/20/2006 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen this mount done on the right side of an elephant.

5/22/2006 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home