YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

ROGERS BROS SWINGING LADDER GIRLS


The girls left to right are, Eva Saunders, Olga Saunders, Loula Saunders, "Young" Jackie Tolliver, & Penny Wilson.
A little side story, on US Route 68 north of Xenia Ohio, there is a little wide place in the road known as Goes Station, it is named after Skinny's family.

7 Comments:

Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Phil Gotzene! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a 100 years, tell me you're who I think you are, like McGuffy Dad's Minstrels and SHS, and all that.

5/28/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

As in the owner of Hendricks Bros. Circus ? Do I have the name correct?

5/29/2006 5:29 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Morning Bob, Same name, different situation, McGuffy Dad's Minstrels, was a show put on by the fathers of students of an elementary school in Springfield, Ohio. In spite of what it might seem, it was very well done, I think there was some professional background in some of those involved. Phil Goltzene's father was a key player, & Phil knows more about it than I do. I do know it instilled in me a hunger that has never, and will never be satisfied, becuse the Minstrel Show, I'm sure, will never return. I do admit exagerating when I said 100 yrs., it's only been 50.

5/29/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Phil, Sure great to hear from you, how in the world did you find me. I'm always interested in pictures. You can reach me through my wife's email address, trudy.strong@verizon.net.

5/29/2006 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, Did you "hang out" at YMCA doing high School and was you in some try of circus class? How is your brother doing? (Bob)

buzzy

5/29/2006 7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,
How can I get a hold of you? I like to talk to you.

Buzzy "Springfield"

5/29/2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Buzzy, I was a YMCA tumbler, & was going to go to college to become a Phys. Ed. instructor. The Fri. before my first class,(on Mon.) I got a phone call from the Circus Act that practiced at the Y, & and they needed a substitute for one of the guys. Monday I was in Wash.D.C. with the Circus, & hooked for life. Bob is fine, he is living in Johnson City, Tenn.

5/29/2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home