YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

CIRCUS FARMS # 1 REVISITED




I had so much discussion with people yesterday about their memories of the farm, and some photos I received that were taken last week, it put me in a nostalgic mood. So that will be my subject today, the strange thing is that the place seems to be frozen in time, it hasn't changed in 35 years.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved to comment on the dish and see Mr. Lee beat me to it. You are fast Mr Lee. Now I see what Buckles ment. I see these things everywhere. I assume these have something to do with TV. Kind of like Cable.

6/26/2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

There are a couple other ghanges, there used to be a huge Weeping Willow tree where the flag pole stands, they have a nice stone border around the bushes by the house,( there is no shortage of field stones) and have replaced the old fashioned metal roof with shingles.

6/26/2006 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS, The next time i go back to springfield. I will run out pass there. what the name of the side road in the photo. im going to save photos and put in my circus files.

David
ps. im working on the photo you too. love the photo of johnny.

7/02/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

The gate to the house is on Snyder-Domer Rd.(runs west out of Tremont City). The picture behind the hay barn was taken from Knollwood, which dead ends at the driveway.

7/02/2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home