YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

SNAPSHOTS: MEMORIES OF CIRCUS FARMS # 2



This driveway we put in especially for big trucks & semis, when we had Elephants visiting, they usually parked behind the hay barn on the left. Anna May spent her days at the farm loose in the paddock on the left, in the evening about feeding time she would go and stand in one spot pretending she was on a picket line to get Ben to come and feed her. Bill Morris' Elephants used the paddock on the right which had a natural spring right in the middle, surrounded by Spearmint beds. Now you talk about Elephants in 7th heaven, rolling in the mud around the spring, and the Spearmint was like catnip to a cat, they loved it. The barn on the right was the horse barn and we also kept cats in it when there were some there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this in Ohio?

6/10/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

About 3 miles west of the little crossroads town of Tremont City, northwest of Springfield, Ohio.

6/10/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I got a call from Dickie Chipperfield one day when he had his Lion Act,(worked by Marcel Peters)on the Hamid Show. The had a lay off coming up and even though we were quite ways off the route he needed a place to stay. When he arrived he mentioned he had found a place closer but since he had already told me he was coming, he didn't think it right to not show up. Is that a gentleman??

6/10/2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful place. Bet you miss it. Know I would, being raised in Michigan, reminds me of a winter in Michigan.
JIM

6/10/2006 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
How are you and Trudy. The last time I saw you was at the Showmans Club in Sarasoda. My son told me you had posted pics of the farm. I've got to go by it and see it agin. Glad to hear that Bob is still kicking.I remember him from Parker Sweeper. If we get down that way will look him up. When Mom and Dad were around It was sure easier to take care of the farm. I rember when you sold the farm Jake was in 7th heaven buying rope and blocks. Talk to you later.
Buzzy

6/11/2006 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home