YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, June 02, 2006

SNAPSHOTS: NAVY PIER 1978




This just might have been the longest Circus there ever was, I don't mean timewise. The rings, & riggings were lined up single file from one end of Chicago's Navy Pier to the other. The audience was on the balconies that lined both sides of the pier, and the show was produced by, L.N. Fleckles. The acts seen here from top to bottom are Luis & Tina Munoz, aka Los Argentinos,(Perch Act), The Hortabagies, (Teeterboard), & The Pablo Rodriguez Troupe, (Aerial Horizontal Bar Act).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fleckles was the nicest producer I have ever met. We had a very nice chat about the circus and I did not know he was the producer. Back then I don't think I knew what a producer did anyway.

6/02/2006 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After he stopped playing Navy Pier, Fleckles had a Thrill Circus in downtown Chicago at the Daley Center. They brought in hugh cement blocks to anchor the aerial equipment. Dottie Winn and Ron Kelroy worked for Fleckles and Ernie McLean (sp?)was announcer. Fleckles also produced Summerfest in Milwaukee and the dates went to Ron Kelroy after Fleckles died.

6/03/2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I'm trying to put a new 5 man Aerial Bar Act together with Pete Ivanov, Pablo Rodriguez, George Hubler, Willie Edelson, & myself. First Willy said the money wasn't enough. Golly I offered him $50 a week pro rato, no problem though, Jenda Smaha said he would do the comedy. The problem is getting everyone together for practice!

6/11/2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home