YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, June 26, 2006

SNAPSHOTS: WHO ARE THOSE GUYS




I know I just posted a quiz, but these just arrived in the mail and I couldn't resist posting them, besides this should be easy. They are from the Gil Gray Circus, and the best I can figure is late '50's, a hint, they are brothers. They are from the Paul Creason collection.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bob Cline said...

OK then. I had the Bobby part right at least.

6/26/2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

John Herriott tells me the elephant with Bobby is Gil Gray's Minnie. He also says that Gil Gray had no Zebra then which puts Casey either in the wrong place or wrong time. It could be K.C., Mo. as Paul took a lot of photos there.

7/02/2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love seeing photos bobby. i have some great one dad and charlie have taking and story of think he did when he was in town. (Springfield)
David

7/02/2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Did you know after a while he was one of few acts allowed to park at the fairgrounds in Spfld. because he saved one of the barns from burning. Another act that was always welcome there was the Nock Family.

7/02/2006 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home