YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

ROLLA MO. BLOWDOWN #1


I'm going to do a little copy-cattin here, since the subject of blowdowns has come up, I've never been in a big one but this was enough for me.
When we arrived on the Ozark Jubilee lot, we discovered the tent they had for the Tiger Act was the kind they use over the office wagons on a carnival. It was 13' high & the stakes were driven 3' out from the bottom of the poles. We convinced them that at least move the the stakes out, we had lots of help so we unloaded the Tigers, took care of them, and went ahead & set the arena. We were getting ready to line up the cages when the wind came and you can see the results here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do wish you guys would stop showing blowdowns. I just went through my second one this year yesterday. Lost a couple of trees. one tent and poles. One kennel blew ten feet off the pad. Power was restored late evening. More coming today. Keeping the animals cool is the biggst problem, as the fans don't work without electric. After putting in screens in a dozen windows the power comes back on. I think I am nnn on Buckles blog. No comments getting through. Maybe I talk too much about the wrong subject.

7/21/2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

8/10/2006 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

8/15/2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home