YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Friday, August 25, 2006

WONG FAMILY # 2


Stay with me now, if I get through this one it will be a miracle. Seated, from the left is Carl Wong, Vincent's Grandfather, Vincent, his father Vlastic Valla, his mother Kim Sue,(daughter of Carl Wong & Joanne Wilson), his Great Aunt Eileen & Great Uncle Jackie, his Great Grandmother Wong, & Great Great Uncle Lum Wong.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
First off, I would like to Thank You for providing such a Wonderful Blog. I worked many years with the Ringling show, but arrived just after Carl Wong left, and never met him personally, but had the Great Fortune to see him perform his Sway Pole act- once.
I'm familiar with your name and Trudy's as well, but unfornunately have never seen either of you perform in person, and from the photo's I've seen of your acts, it's been a Great lose on my part.
Aside from my dream of becoming a Rinling Clown (which I achieved), I had also Hoped to one day, work with Circus KRONE.
Thank you So Much for providing the photo's of the KRONE show, and I do so Hope you intend to include more.
Sincerely, John Darragh

8/26/2006 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frank remembers seing Uncle Lum Wong in the 1950's or 60's, coming out to the Oriental Bar rigging-- doing a handstand on the upright-- walking UP the upright to the Bar--walking across the Bar still on his hands-- then DOWN the opposite upright, down to the floor-- then, down to the floor, and then a row of flip-flops out of the Ring!! Great bunch of guys!!

8/31/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I made a remark last night at Showfolks,(by the way, the English dinner by Derrick Rosaire Jr. was fabulous), the remark was, "not now, and never again"!!!

9/03/2006 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home