YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, October 16, 2006

QUASSAR'S QUIZ: MYSTERY DRUMMER



These are Ringling Bros. Circus, Productions. The top is early 1950's, do you recognize the girl on the right?

The bottom photo is early 1960's, who is the girl in the Rabbit Costume.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girl on the right looks like it could be Marianna from the Bokara Troupe.....the handsome man on the very right is Moulay...He believes the third girl might be Manja Riggeti??

10/17/2006 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I believe the girl that was in the Bokara troupe was named Gretel- she married Hans?? -- The fellow sure looks like young Max from the Bokara troupe. Come to think of it there also was a girl named Marianna. Hmmmm you got me thinking.

10/17/2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

No guesses on the blonde drummer? Come on, you all know her!!!!

10/17/2006 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I don't know and she is blond, I always say GEE GEE. Jim will say TRUDY because of the blond hair he has never seen.I do have another wild guess.

10/17/2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

rebecca, you may or may not have ever met her, but you have more in common than you think.

10/18/2006 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I mentioned her in an e-mail Bill. Yes, I have met her. Still hear from her every xmas.

10/18/2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

This girl never had any connection with JC, in fact at the time this was taken she did an aerial act.

10/18/2006 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give up. I really did not know many people back then. This waiting is driving me nuts. Does she work any animal act? I never met anyone on the circus before 1956.

10/18/2006 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VICKIE U

10/18/2006 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The drummer on the right looks to me like Herta Klauser.

I can't ID the rabbit girl.

10/18/2006 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill: Enough.....Please ID...

10/19/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

The girl in the white rabbit suit? How many of you remember the great brother & sister Rola Bola Act, " The Ferris-Feronni Duo"(sp?), Carmen & Casper?(Casper was married to Jeanie Sleeter)
As for the drummer girl, at that time she had the nickname "Little Plato", from the Cradle Act she did with her husband Svend. They also did a Riding Act with Jack Ussin. She is on Buckles Blog this morning as Lili-Ana.

10/19/2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home