YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, December 11, 2006

MORE THERON FAMILY HISTORY FROM MIRIELLE

THE ROYAL SCOTS BICYCLE ACT
At one time back,my grandfather by the name of,
Joseph Theron,uper centher,and grand Mother, name Germaine D'e-Abancour ,Blue Blood Line, upper right,and uncle Billy center low. had 10 girls or more working for the act,in the 1920's.Their name was at that time The Royal Scots On Parade.
Sincerly mireille.

12 ROYAL SCOTS
Germaine was second,and uncle Billy with long hair was third.he finely cut his hair at age 21.

THE PIPER
Uncle Billy with the Bagpipe,he did played super good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim has got to be loving this. Pretty girls and bagpipes all in one.

12/11/2006 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on the picture of the 13 Royal Scots' the last one that is hardly visible is Eveyn Theron.

12/11/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I tried to brighten her but then it made the others too bright, I have a photo enhancing program but it not as sophisticated as I would like.

12/11/2006 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill;

Thank you.!!
you did a good job.like allways.
Thank you. mireille.

12/11/2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

This is what heaven must be like -- bagpipes, not harps -- and if I get there first , I'll be the piper playin you all in !

12/11/2006 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a new act comming out of Milwaukee or a re enactment of the old act

12/12/2006 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home