YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

SNAPSHOTS: ELEPHANTS #1

I have one of those little antique wooden Kraft cheese boxes stuffed with assorted snapshots, and this morning Trudy said, "why don't you use some of these", when she pulled out some Elephant pictures I decided okay, Elephants it will be. About ten hours later after much sorting, editing, enhancing, cloning, resizing, stitching, lightening, darkening, sharpening,(and that's not easy with these old matte pics), Here are some from over the years, going back as far as 1964, hope you enjoy them!!!!,,,,,I want a raise!!!!


SMOKEY JONES & TIKA
And there's no better place to start than with a legend, Smokey Jones in Honolulu, Hawaii, with Paul Kaye, & Ralph Yampuku's 3 Ring International Circus, 1973.


CORKY PLUNKETT
Here's another legend that arrived during the night from Penny, a "Showman"! Myrtle Beach, SC(date unknown)


DONNA WILSON & TOMMY
Hadi Temple Shrine Circus Evansville IN,(year unknown)


TRUDY WILSON STRONG & THE UNFORGETABLE ANNA MAY
On The Dobritch International Circus, Cleveland, Ohio, 1964.

MIKE LaTORRES
Here are Mike & Sally with their young male Stony.

BABY DONDI & FRANCINE SCHACHT
This is at the Puyalup, WA Fair,(year unknown). Dondi was trained by the incompareble Mac McDonald.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone know where you can buy webs besides through Jake Conover?

1/29/2007 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE HE HE...THIT IS ABUT ELEPHANT...
NOT ABUT A WEBS,BARGAN...
NO RESPEC FOR ALL THE TIME BILL.PUT IN HIS....
WORK;S....?????

BILL. YOU GOT THAT RAISE..!!!!!!!!

1/29/2007 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::: speechless :::

Where did you get that photo of Mike LaTorres with Stony?????? I am his daughter, Kelley, from his first marriage. Do you have any others????? I haven't seen my father since I was a little girl (bad divorce, moved across the country). Do you have any others??? I would love to see more if you do!!! Please email me at KelleyGreenEyez@yahoo.com

2/25/2007 12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can whoever posted the pic of dondi and Francine
contact me at bobtician1@Comcast.net ?
Would greatly apprecaite your help

6/22/2009 5:32 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

My email address is in the header at the top of the blog, what is it you need?

6/22/2009 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home