YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SNAPSHOTS: THE MAN RESPONSIBLE

UNCLE BILLY THERON
Billy trained the Monkeys, and made all of the wardrobe for this act himself.

Seriously, "Uncle" Billy Theron was a great personality, and deserves a lot of credit for the time, and effort, he put into this unusual act,and The Therons were another of the great talented families of our time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes' uncle Billy' was a great person & an artist of many talents, But what I was very touch by, is that after I left the family to start on my own family' he named his new monkey 'Ninette' after me, this was an honor to me, for I knew he loved his monkey so much, then my sister Mireille wrote me about she doesn't miss me because she would hear. "jump Ninette,"jump Ninette" all day long. the one in the wedding dress has my name. isn't she lovely'.

2/01/2007 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great concept for an act. Lots of time involved with these monkeys.

2/01/2007 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our uncle BILLY.
Not only made all the Monkeys costume.but all the scenery also and the wagon and tepees, wood get children shoe and cut then and put zipers in,
and also the table and chairs everithing you see he,
and only he did it all.
a lovely man.and a
wonderfull UNCLE.
THANK YOU BILL.
sincerely Mireille.

2/01/2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home