YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

IN MEMORY OF BARRY SLOAN


A VERY TALL MAN

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was indeed a very tall man...
and will be missed by all who
knew him....we send our deepest
sympathy to his family

3/20/2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I liked your comment so I borrowed part of it, if you look at the post again you'll see.

3/20/2007 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Mr. 24-hour man, it is I
who copied your perfect description of the very tall man

3/21/2007 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry Sloan made very thing look smaller! and the second picture is a very good photgraphy teaching material for any photographer student.

3/22/2007 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry, Shelaagh, and King were among the finest showfolks I've known. I so enjoyed them on the Beatty show, 1980-1981. My deepest sympathies in their loss of this good and great man.

3/22/2007 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Sloan was ever so helpful and encouraging. I had contacted him when I first embarked on my second childhood as a stilt performer. He shared several photos which I posted at StiltWalker.com in the history sections. I will be collecting and posting additional photos and stories
in the near future.

Rest in peace and thank you, Barry.
Bill Coleman
StiltWalker.com

3/24/2007 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was on the red show in 1969, the first year of clown college and barry sloan saved my life many times.He would tell who was crazy and who was good. He would lay out the alley and I alway got a great spot next to eric braun, mike karp and barry.
when your 17 years old the world can be very big . Thank you Barry for keeping a 17 year old save scott bryan















, when your 17 years old the world can be very big

3/25/2007 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing him made it worth being here.....that certainly says it all. He had a big heart, a great smile and great sense of humor. Always a pleasure to be around. Barry will be missed so much. Rest is peace sweet, gentle "TALL ONE". God bless your family at this time.

3/25/2007 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home