YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

FROM NATASHA GERSON, THE NETHERLANDS #2

QUEST #2
I do have another question on the off chance that some one might be able to point me in the right direction. It's a remote chance because no-one in years has been able to give me more info, but you never know... It's a bit from before your time also but the lady might have been performing in the fifties still.

I'm looking to what happened to one Harieta Van de Velde who worked as an
equestrian in the late thirties at least and onward ?? for Cole circus as Miss Harietta or Miss Harieta. She married and I never knew her married name.

She was the sister of Albert Van de velde, musician, and Elli
Vandevelde, from Berlin, both of the Van de velde company, Elli was known for a Unus type one finger stand on a bottle.
Albert with his wife Kate and Elli with husband Edy (Hartenberger) immigrated to Chicago in the fifties. They were friends to the Bradna family also (Ella, Joanne, Joseph, Willy etc). Harieta was already in the US for a long time before that but I know very little of her, and would very much like to know what happened to her. If anyone has a remote inkling who I'm talking about, I'd very much like to hear.
Thank You Very Much,
Natasha Gerson

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be Harriet Hodgini of the Hodgini riding act family that did appear on Cole Bros.

4/26/2007 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home