YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Monday, April 23, 2007

THE DAREDEVILS: #7

A personal observation before the description of the final attraction in this series. This is without a doubt the most frightening thing I have ever seen. I will leave this description to the author.

ISABELLA BUTLER AND, L'AUTO BOLIDE, THE DIP OF DEATH
I think I speak for everyone interested in the history of our great world of Circus in thanking John & Alice Durant, for this fabulous chapter from a great book, "The Pictorial History of the American Circus"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering, did any of these brave people live to retire??

4/24/2007 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but now that we have OSHA its even hard to be a daredevil with all the safty equimpent etc thats required

4/24/2007 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MR......B.STRONG.....
WE....THANK...YOU....
U....DID....IT... AGAIN....SUPER...
GREAT....JOB.....

4/24/2007 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home