YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

MEMORIES FROM THE SCRAPBOOK OF YEARS PAST!

TAJANA
"Not now & never again", we're only allowed one of these in a lifetime.

I saw this young lady in Sarasota where she produced the Sahib Shrine Circus, and she looks great.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is realy a beautiful picture of her' she allways stood out fabulously.

4/21/2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Trudy mentioned that I left out the word Princess, I explained that I felt the name says it all to those who saw her work. For those who didn't you will never know. "Princess"?, no disrespect for those past, present, or future, who use the term, "Queen of the Air",,,,This lady will reign forever!!!!

4/22/2007 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandmother taught quite a few girls ( including myself ) but none of them came close to Struppi, even if they could do the same tricks. I have a great video of her doing tricks I had never seen before on a trapeze and this winter, when I get home I will share an incredible photo of her doing a one heel hang!

4/22/2007 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tavana, did your grandmother ever tell you the funny story of how they were able to drive into Chicago on one of their first driving episodes....We, in Europe never had to drive....So, they were just starting to learn...

4/23/2007 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember one story of driving with the rigging on top of the car and getting to the date and discovering the rigging was gone!

4/23/2007 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they got as close to Chicago as possible....then, when traffic was too much, they waited on the road until some kind people helped them drive to the building....

4/26/2007 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home