YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

CIRCUS VARGAS #2

TRUDY & THE DALS
The display here was Trudy in the center with her Liberty Dalmatians, Ted Polk on one end with Camels & Ponies, & me on the other end with a Mixed Act.


SIT UP
It is a shame the photographer didn't get all 10 dogs in the picture. The music for this tricked had the cue to hold the last note till all 10 dogs were sitting up, I think the dog on the right,(Fleckles), used to watch the trumpet players, when they reached the right shade of blue he would finally sit up.

TRUDY & DORY MILLER


GOIN HOME
He never went in the show but we had a Fox Terrier named Popeye who would run back & forth behind the Dals, & herd them like sheep.

In the background is Ringmaster Joey Pons.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since the 2 of you do know about Circus Krone,I suppose I should tell you that the current tour features one Mr Dalmatin, who uses more poodles than dalmatians. If you see a photo of the guy you're likely to think that the act's rubbish. BUT just remember that he's on Krone, having been on Knie, and won a Bronze Clown at Monte Carlo. Rubbish it certainly ain't!

John.

4/21/2007 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did someone mention rubbish??
I would love to have seen this wonderful dalmation dog act!!
Are any acts like it today??

4/21/2007 9:34 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

To John,
All the reports that I get are that it s a good act he looks a little eccentric in the pics, but, that's circus.

Annnymous,
read carefully, he said NO rubbish.
to my knowledge there have only been three totally Dalmatian Acts, Willie Necker,(who worked mostly Sports Shows), We worked a Christmas show once & Dorothy Kelly had a Dalmatian Act,(I never saw it other than that time), & Trudy's act. I could never understand why there weren't more, they are happy workers,(breeders call them "people pleasers", and you sure can't beat the flash.

I heard one producer went through several trainers trying to duplicate Trudy's act.

4/21/2007 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home