YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

HAMID-MORTON #5

HAMID-MORTON ELEPHANTS
I asked Trudy if she might know who this was but she was 5 yrs. old at the time, so did not remember.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See the globe ramp to the right. That was always one of my favorite acts. cc

5/20/2007 7:12 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

That's probably "Fussner" who keeps eluding me, I did a series of posts a while back on the old "Daredevil Acts" with similar rigging but just haven't found him.

5/20/2007 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know when Hamid and Morton got together??
Was there ever a Morton Show/Hamid Show???

5/20/2007 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamid Morton elephant act I believe was presented by Joe Hanson Sr. as well as Joe Hanson Jr. -- Joe jr's sister, Marilyn worked in the act also.
Joe Jr. married one of Peaches sky review girls. BC

5/20/2007 2:24 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

fatima: I checked out the Hamid-Morton web site, they have aq brief history there, they mention Geo. A. coming to the U.S. in 1908, & they mention the partnership, but not when it happened.
I believe they have the wrong year on Bob Morton's death, I worked Toronto with La Blondes in Oct. of 1956, & the first thing we heard when we arrived there was about his death. The show history has it 1957.

5/20/2007 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is Marilyn Hanson in the elephant act picture, we (the Therons) was working with hamid Morton at same time when the elephants whent wild' behind the curtains ready for a stampeed,and hurling, when they heard the heavily loud drummers' of the shriners playd for the spect, joe Hanson sr,and Jr, where trying to control them, many of us took off to the dressing room or any where we could be safe ( quite a scary outbust for many) as I see one elephant had Joe Jr against the wall, he was trying to help some one. his father took over. by the end they both whent to the hospital. Joe Jr. came back with some broken ribs. I can't remember the outcome of his father. Not to serious I beleave.

5/21/2007 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is Joe Jr.Hanson.
would love to say hello.

5/21/2007 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home