YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

QUASSAR'S QUIZ????

Let's see if you have paid attention in class now, if you look close you'll see where this snapshot was taken in 1954.

WHO DAT????
He later became a Circus Producer.
He also became an Uncle!

TRIVIA QUESTION:
Trudy fixed Cheeseburgers for lunch and as I sat down I said, "Can I pay you tomorrow, for a hamburger today"
Now my question is, what was the name of the guy, in what comic strip, who's shirt buttons kept popping off into the chicken's mouth?
TRIVIA ANSWER
Fat Stuff

10 Comments:

Blogger Mike Naughton said...

Is it George Hubler in the driver's seat? And is it Whimpy from Popeye near the hamburger grill?

5/17/2007 1:38 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Yes!

Mike, I cheated, I intentionally threw a curve on the trivia question,(power of suggestion). You are right on the hamburger, but read the question again.

5/17/2007 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guessed it was the other guy with Popeye.....could not think of the name....LOL

5/17/2007 9:12 AM  
Blogger Mike Naughton said...

Gotcha, I don't remember Whimpy and the button popping. To be fair, I answered that question at 1:30 AM, burning the midnight oil in the office.

Doesn't George still have that car and trailer? (I'm kidding, I'm only kidding)

5/17/2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I bet he wishes he still had it.
He probably still has the trailer.

When Trudy & I were on the Gil Gray show we had a 1959 Oldsmobile Super 88, 4 door hardtop convertable that I'd give my eye teeth to own now.

5/17/2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I'll tell one out of school, when we ate in restaurants he would always order ice tea w/ double lemon, & a glass of water. When he finished the tea, he would squeeze the lemon in the water, add sugar, viola', lemonade on the house!!!!

5/17/2007 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EL.... CHIPO.... INDEE....

5/18/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

In the comic strip, "Smilin' Jack" there was an obese character appropriately named, "Fat Stuff".

5/19/2007 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whimpy the Chimp was not actually in the photo - button-popping is coming back to Gainesville this summer! See you Trudy.

7/13/2009 9:46 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

What do you mean "button popping" is coming back to Gainesville. Did Gary lose weight?

7/13/2009 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home