YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

FORTY EIGHT YEARS AGO TODAY

Trudy and I were married on stage after the Friday night show on the Hamid-Morton Circus, in Trenton NJ, in 1959.


THE VOWS
And we did a ten o'clock show the next morning!


THE BRIDE AND GROOM



WEDDING WALTZ
"Oh how we danced on the night we were wed,,,, we vowed our true love, though a word wasn't said. The world was in bloom, there were stars in the sky,,,,except for the few, that were there in your eyes.... Dear as I held you so close in my arms, angels were singing a hymn to your charms. My heart gently beating was murmuring low:::: My Darling I Love You So.”

This waltz wasn't easy because I'm really not much of a dancer. What saved me was the fact that my feet weren't touching the floor anyway.


GUEST OF HONOR, FATHER ED SULLIVAN
Actually we had two guests of honor, Father Ed who of course was a Catholic Priest, & Reverend Harold Myers, who was Pastor of the Presbyterian Church I attended as a youngster in Ohio, and if that isn't spreading it out enough, we were married by a Methodist Minister.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill and Trudy...
Let me be the first one online to wish you congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Along with all of your other life accomplishments, it is truly a blessing to be happily married for 48 years.

6/05/2007 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
More Happy Years to came.

David and family.

6/05/2007 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and many more years to enjoy. cc

6/05/2007 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bill and Trudy:
Congratulations!!! I had no idea that you were married on June 5, 1959. On that same day, in Tucson, AZ, my mother delivered her second son, namely me! It's good to know that more than one special event occurred on that day! Again, Congratulations to All of Us!
Neil Cockerline

6/05/2007 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful...and romantic!!!!
A very Happy Anniversary to you!!
I'm sure the years have just flown by for you..

6/05/2007 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this great 48th anniversary. Here's wishing you both every happiness for many more good seasons together.

6/05/2007 6:26 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

Well , it seems to be working out -- Trudy , I think that you can keep him

6/05/2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger Bob Cline said...

May today be as special as the stars in your eyes were 48 years ago.

6/05/2007 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations' With all the best wishes for alway.

6/06/2007 3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations. And just think of all the wonderful things you two have accomplished in those 48 wonderful years. We are proud to know you and more of the best.Mary Ruth and Johnny.

6/06/2007 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bill and Trudy'
Congradulations!! To two of the greatest people I know. Your accomplishments and contributions to the circus world is outstanding!

6/06/2007 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww....Bill, you are such a romantic! No wonder Trudy loves you so much, and y'all have been so happy all these 48 years. Happy Anniversary to you both! Karen Glenn

6/06/2007 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And congatulations from the eastern side of the Atlantic.

And if birthday boy Neil is reading this, HI to you and Herb.

John Cooper.

6/06/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

In case no one has noticed, the couple dancing in the background are the Mother & Father of the Bride.
The greatest in-laws a guy could ever have!!!!

6/06/2007 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill & Trudy

Boy, did I ever slip up. Forgot the date completely and I was there for the occasion. I could see Dad in one of the pictures and I think the top of Mother'shead.

As I recall the cats roared when the minister pronounced you Man and Wife. Almost like they were on cue.

Anyway Happy Anniversary from Brother Bob in Tennessee!

6/06/2007 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(CONGRATULATION)
YOU...ARE...A....GOOD...MAN....AND....TRUDY...A...GOOD.....LADY.....
KEEP...UP...THE...GOOD...THINGS....
GOING....
THIS....FRIDAY....WE....WILL....
CELEBRATHING....OUR....49......

6/06/2007 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bill and Trudy,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful day!
Greetings from the Netherlands!

Ank Schonewille

P.S. Love this weblog of yours!!

6/08/2007 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home