YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

CIRCUS MAXIMUS #10: PONIES, & BEARS, & CHIMPS, & ELEPHANTS, AAANND, [QUASSAR'S QUIZ?],,,,

HOW MANY OF THE CLOWNS CAN YOU NAME????

6 Comments:

Blogger Pat Cashin said...

I believe it's...

Billie Burke
Al Ross
Gene Randow
Albert White
Alf Landon
Ernie Burch
Happy Kellams
Joe and Chester Sherman
Larry Cross
Johnny Day

The only one that I haven't a clue about is the fella under Albert White.

~P

8/01/2007 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His name is Loch lorayne.... Mr. Lee

8/01/2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Great job guys.
Just about every time I see Locke Lorraine's pic, I can't remember his name.

8/01/2007 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had listed them all, except for the guy in the lower right, which Pat ID's as Johnny Day.

8/01/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger Pat Cashin said...

Yup, Johnny Day was one of Many who wore Harry Dann's makeup but added Blinko Burch's eyebrows and a question mark where Ernie had his musical note.

Locke Lorraine is someone I've only seen a few pictures of and this doesn't look like any of them. Anyone know anything about him?

~P

8/01/2007 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In regard to Locke Lorraine, check on the Polack Units. I met him in Baltimore in 1958 on what was then a single unit. I don't know much more than that. Bill Galloway

8/01/2007 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home