YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

SCHWARZWEISBILDER FUR JIM STRASSEABWARTS

That is supposed to say Black & White pictures for Jim Down The Road, if it's wrong I'm sure I'll hear about it. I never could catch up with word order over there, we go "around the block", they go "the block around".(There's supposed to be two little dots over the U, & the last A, but my keyboard doesn't speak German.

WORKING MEN'S CARAVANS
From this end!

The brick surface is typical of many of the lots there, not that we didn't have our share of mud lots.
From the other end!

GUN EMPLACEMENT
This strange looking Building is a WWII Anti-Aircraft gun emplacement, there was a gun on each corner. This one sets just behind the "Festplatz",(Showgrounds). It's ironic that today there is a Walmart Store just on the other side.

5 Comments:

Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/05/2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

Now I'm gonna sit here all night wondrin what the comment was??

7/05/2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger Down the Road by Jim said...

It was me -- SAY , aren't you the one who told me the German word " Dumkoff" meant " Trusty Scout "??

7/05/2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger 24-HOUR-MAN said...

I think it means "keemosabe", that's why Tonto shot the Lone Ranger!!!!

7/05/2007 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did Circus Knie....wayyyyy back.
1949 and 1962....these lovely pictures brought back fond memories. Thanks!

7/07/2007 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home