YESTERDAY'S TOWNS

HOWDY, MY NAME IS BILL STRONG, I'LL BE YOUR "24 HOUR MAN", ROUTING YOU INTO THE PAST TO SEE WHAT THE CIRCUS WAS IN DAYS GONE BY. IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, AND MISS WHAT IT USED TO BE, THEN COME ON ALONG AS WE GO DOWN THE ROAD FOLLOWING THE ARROWS BACKWARDS, TO "YESTERDAY'S TOWNS"! IF YOU HAVE CIRCUS RELATED PICTURES YOU WOULD LIKE POSTED, SEND THEM TO,,,,yesterday1@verizon.net,,,,AND WE WILL TRY TO FIT THEM IN. "24 HOUR MAN" WILL HAVE THE FINAL DECISION ON POSTING.

My Photo
Name:
Location: GIBSONTON, FLORIDA, United States

Three years at CWM made me a real traditionalist, and I keep remembering Bob Parkinson saying, "I want the people to see what the circus used to be, not what it is today. That's what this site is about!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

JACQULINE MARIE MARSOLAIS

In a recent post about entrance capes & wardrobe I included a lovely young Aerialist who was not familiar to me, but made a very nice appearance, no overkill as you see so much of these days. Below is an email I received from her,showing her appreciation, I think it was very thoughtful of her to take the time, & also give a little information about her career.

Dear Bill,
I just received a phone call from Becky Austroff telling me I
had a photo on your blog! Funny, because I've just finished
reading, "Water for Elephants" and then I get this phone call
and you have all these wonderful photos on your blog.
Our paths never did cross but your name is quite familiar
to me and I wanted to say hello and also share a little info
with you to clear up who the mystery girl is.
I was a showgirl for Ringling 1984-86 and my last year,
Peggy Mills and Irene Espana trained me to do Lyre and
an upside down walk.
The photo you have on your blog is an early photo that was
on the cover of circus report. It was actually taken while I was
still on the Ringling show as a publicity photo.
I left the Ringling Show and from there I worked for quite
a few shows including Tarzan Zerbini, Ian Garden, Tommy Hanneford,
George Hanneford and George Hubler, Circus Flora, Zoppe Circus,
Phils Bros, Leibel Circus, Hamid Morton, and probably a few others.
I did originally use the name Marie Marsolais, (my middle name) but
it was confusing (since I'm called Jackie by friends) so I started going
by Jacqueline Marie Marsolais from there on.
Also, I rode in Mark Carroly's riding act (didnt every girl?), the
troupe riding act on Circus Flora and I also did a tour
with Carla Zoppe in her all girl riding act.
After a few years doing the lyre, I switched to single trap.
I've been out of the biz for a while now, but have recently
been reconnecting with old friends. Currently I have a
graphic design and printing business and live in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Thanks again for the photos and the memories. It's been really nice.
Jackie Marsolais, Fort Lauderdale,

1 Comments:

Blogger Luv2Swing said...

Jackie! You look GORGEOUS! I have been trying to find you, last night I went to see Ringling after 20 years and they were sold out! I was thinking about you and found you today. Please contact me

I am flying trapeze these days for fun and I am so addicted!
Sherry Bradley- Showgirl 1984
fenfab5@aol.com

7/21/2008 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home